Our nursing staff is comprised of highly qualified and experienced personnel. They provide acute care and help residents manage chronic conditions. They value and respect the autonomy of each resident and administer their services with carefulness and patience. Our nursing staff is available 24 hours a day to ensure that each resident receives the best care whenever it may be needed.
Our Nursing Services include:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care: Round-the-clock nursing staff and a medical director to provide ongoing care, medication administration, and monitoring of vital signs.
- Wound care management: Specialized nursing care for residents with wounds, including assessment, dressing changes, and infection control.
- Medication management: Monitoring medication schedules, administering medications, and coordinating with healthcare providers to ensure proper medication management.
- Pain management: Assessing and addressing residents’ pain levels, implementing pain management strategies, and coordinating with healthcare providers to optimize pain relief.
- IV therapy: Administration of intravenous medications, fluids, and nutrition for residents requiring infusion therapy.
- Chronic disease management: Ongoing monitoring and management of chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, or respiratory disorders to ensure optimal health outcomes.
- Catheter care: Maintenance and care of urinary catheters, including monitoring for infections and ensuring proper hygiene.
- Respiratory care: Support for residents with respiratory conditions, including monitoring oxygen levels, administering nebulizer treatments, and providing respiratory therapy.
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs): Help with tasks such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and mobility to promote independence and maintain personal hygiene.
- Nutritional support: Monitoring dietary needs, providing specialized diets, and ensuring proper nutrition and hydration for residents.
- Emotional and psychosocial support: Nursing staff trained to provide emotional support, counseling, and mental health assessments to address residents’ psychological well-being.
- Fall prevention and safety: Implementing fall prevention strategies, conducting risk assessments, and ensuring a safe environment for residents.
- Palliative and end-of-life care: Compassionate care for residents with life-limiting conditions, focusing on pain management, comfort measures, and emotional support for both residents and their families.
At Whispering Hills Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, we take pride in providing our residents with a dedicated and personalized wound care team. Our primary objective is to facilitate healing and prevent the recurrence of wounds for each individual under our care. With utmost gentleness and respect, we develop custom treatment plans tailored to the unique stage of each resident’s wound.
Our specialized team diligently monitors every wound site, closely watching for any signs of infection to ensure prompt intervention if needed. Our comprehensive wound care program includes a range of services to address various wound types and conditions:
- In-House Weekly Wound Monitoring/Care: Regular monitoring and care to track progress and make adjustments as needed.
- In-House Debridement: Skilled debridement services to remove dead tissue and promote healing.
- Daily/BID Dressings: Prompt and appropriate dressing changes to maintain a sterile and healing environment.
- Wound Assessments: Thorough assessments that consider weight, nutritional therapy, and hydration to support the healing process.
- Wound Vacs: Utilization of wound vacuums to accelerate wound healing and improve outcomes.
- Management of Decubitus Ulcers, Pressure Ulcers, Vascular Wounds, Abrasions, and Skin Tears.
At Whispering Hills, our dedicated nurses understand the importance of creating a comfortable and supportive environment for each resident. We recognize that as cognitive abilities decline, simple routines and visual cues can play a vital role in promoting familiarity and ease.
Our nurses work closely with residents’ families to establish personalized routines that enhance their sense of security and well-being. By implementing these routines and incorporating visual cues, we aim to provide a positive substitute for diminishing mental processes. This approach helps residents feel more at ease, reducing anxiety and confusion.
To ensure the safety of our wandering residents, we have implemented a Wander Guard system. This technology helps us monitor and track the movement of residents who may be prone to wandering. By utilizing this system, we can promptly respond to their needs and maintain a secure environment.
Part of our Nursing and Rehabilitation goals are to maximize the quality of life for all our residents. We do this by implementing restorative nursing practices that are data-driven and proven to result in better outcomes for patients, such as:
- Range of motion: Our team works to improve residents’ flexibility, joint mobility, and overall range of motion through specific exercises and stretching techniques.
- Ambulation: We assist residents in maintaining or regaining their ability to walk safely and independently through targeted therapy and exercises.
- Positioning and alignment: We ensure that residents are properly positioned and aligned to prevent discomfort, pressure sores, and other potential issues.
- Activities of daily living: We help residents regain or enhance their ability to perform essential daily tasks such as dressing, bathing, grooming, and feeding.
- Skin integrity and wound management: Our skilled nursing staff diligently monitors and manages residents’ skin health, taking proactive measures to prevent and treat wounds or ulcers.
- Bowel and bladder training: We provide personalized programs to help residents maintain or regain control of their bowel and bladder functions.
- Rehabilitative and social dining: Our team supports residents in improving their ability to eat independently and participate in social dining experiences, ensuring a positive dining atmosphere.
- Weekly and monthly height and weight monitoring: We regularly monitor residents’ height and weight to track their nutritional status and overall health progress.
Our experienced nurses provide help with all aspects of managing diabetes including:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Insulin administration and tracking
- Menu planning, education and more.